Forest Champions Awards
The awards celebrated and recognise the efforts of individuals and groups within our area
Lions Ukraine Appeal
Forest of Dean Lions have donated £1,000 to the Lions “Refugees and Displaced Persons” fund set up by Lions Clubs International for donations to this disaster. Lions collecting at Tesco, Lydney and other donations raise a further £5,500 for the fund.
The PayPal button below or the QR Code will accept further donations from the public – that we will also forward to the above fund.
Donate to the Lions Ukraine appeal via Forest of Dean Lions:
Click here to see where your donation goes.
We are a friendly group of people that help local causes here in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. We raise money throughout the year with events ranging from the Lions Speech House Bonfire to the Wild Boar Chase and Humbug Chase cycle challenges. We also help at events such as Lydney Hospital Fete and the annual Marie Curie collections in the Spring.
- The Forest of Dean Lions Club has been serving the local community since 1973.
- We are Charity Incorporated Organisation No. 1189930, registered 15/June/2020
- We cover the GL15 and GL16 post codes.
- We meet at 7:30 p.m.on the first Tuesday of every month.
- We also have events during the year. Events are both fund-raising and social.
- We welcome prospective new members and friends.
We are members of Lions District 105CW which includes South Wales, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, parts of Wiltshire and Somerset.
Lions Clubs International
Forest of Dean Lions Club is also a member of Lions Clubs International. 2017 was the centenary year for Lions, the first club was formed in Chicago Illinois by Melvin Jones in 1917.
As of April 2015, Lions had over 46,000 local clubs and more than 1.4 million members in over 200 countries around the world. Lions is the world’s biggest and most active service organisation”.