We are a friendly group of people that help local causes here in the Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire. We raise money throughout the year with events ranging from the Lions Speech House Bonfire to the Wild Boar Chase and Humbug Chase cycle challenges. We also help at events such as Lydney Hospital Fete and the annual Marie Curie collections in the Spring.
- The Forest of Dean Lions Club has been serving the local community since 1973.
- We are Registered Charity No. 281784 – Registered 28-January-1981
- We cover the GL15 and GL16 post codes.
- We meet at 7:30 p.m.on the first Tuesday of every month.
- We also have events during the year. Events are both fund-raising and social.
- We welcome prospective new members and friends.
We are members of Lions District 105W which includes South Wales, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, parts of Wiltshire and Somerset.
Lions Clubs International
Forest of Dean Lions Club is also a member of Lions Clubs International. 2017 was the centenary year for Lions, the first club was formed in Chicago Illinois by Melvin Jones in 1917.
As of April 2015, Lions had over 46,000 local clubs and more than 1.4 million members in over 200 countries around the world. Lions is the world’s biggest and most active service organisation”.